Thursday, July 30, 2009

Interview with Tammy Hall


This week I've done my fair share of editing, and so far it's my favorite aspect of the publishing business. I don't have much else to say, so here's another staff spotlight:

PG: What exactly is your position at Savas Beatie?

TH: Admin/marketing. It’s similar to Veronica’s job except we’re here on different days and have different kinds of projects.

PG: How long have you worked here and what did you do before this?

TH: I’ve been here since April of last year, so 15 months (if you want to be really exact). Before this I was raising the family, working with my husband in his mortgage business, and working a variety of part-time jobs that were not particularly satisfactory.

PG: Do you plan on publishing a book, and if so, on what subject?

TH: Not at the current time. I read a lot, but I’ve never felt like I could write a book. (Laughing.) I’ll just keep enjoying ones that other people write . . .

PG: What is your favorite book?

TH: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

PG: What do you do in your free time?

TH: I play as much tennis as I have time for, work out, and read.

PG: As a child, what was your dream job?

TH: The funny thing is, I really thought I wanted to be a teacher, but by the time I grew up I realized that that was wrong for me. Teaching would have been a disaster job for me.

PG: What song is currently playing in your iPod?

TH: Oh, that’s a good question. I like Flo Rida, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Van Halen (w/DLR), the Eagles, and Queen.

PG: Thanks, Tammy.

TH: You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment